Sunday 13 May 2012

This one is for you Clare!

I cannot believe that I have created my own blog; and all by myself too! The difficulty it seems was in my head. I made the discovery that once you get started, it is a pretty logical process and that you can always change and update how it looks later.

I decided to begin my blogging Journey with a couple of "Z" fold cards that I created this week. I was inspired by a Tutorial from Cheryl which can be found on YouTube here.

Please forgive the photography I took the pictures on the Dining Room Table and one or two maybe a little out of focus. Early days and room for improvement I think!

OK. My first card was my first X card ever.



 This is the front of the card fully extended. I used Black 12" x 12" card stock for my card base and Jacie's Vintage 12" x 12" Papers from HOTP for the matting and layering.






The front panel uses a Doily that I picked up at my local Coffee Shop, which I threaded with a thin piece of ribbon (from my stash) in addition a bow from  Bella! Ribbon Bowz that was in a pack of 10 and on Sale.






The Middle panel I decorated with a Dress, Hat and Bag made using a very old Template I have, which I covered in black card and then decorated with some pink flowers cut from a piece of tape from my stash.




For the last panel I used a Memory Box Die - La Rue Heart on a piece of Pink card stock, a pewter embellishment (from my stash) a Pink Flower (from Spotlight) a sentiment panel from WISHMADE 3D Stickers found at www.craftybitz.co.uk.





Nice view of the table huh!
This is the back of the card showing the secret writing panel which fits inside the very last panel which is in fact a pocket!
The dies used on the back middle panel are Memory Box - are the two sizes of the Tilda Swirl die.
The metal gardening can embellishment is from my stash and another of those bows from Bella!



My second version of the same style of card is in Blue!



I did mention that I was a Spellbinders Fan right? Well this card is loaded with them.
This picture shows the front of the card opened and extended. I used light blue 12" x 12" card stock for my card base and Jacie's Vintage 12" x 12" Papers from HOTP for the matting and layering.


This shows the first panel which I decorated with a layered medallion using dark Navy blue and white card stock. The Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Pendants (S4 - 204)  die was used to create this medallion.
The white layer of the medallion is made with a Martha Stewart Garden Trellis Punch - Thanks to Jak Heath for that bit of inspiration!
A pearl brad and a piece of ribbon from my stash finished off this front panel.



This middle panel uses Spellbinders Heart Circles (S4 - 316) and Lotus Pendant (S4 - 269) dies. The centre piece was a Bead Fnding and flat pearl (from Zacco Beads).






The last panel was made using Spellbinders Moroccan Motif  Dies (S5 - 065).
I used a white Peel Off to make the Happy Birthday sentiment, matting it on a piece of the same dark navy blue card stock that I had used.





This image shows the back of the card extended out and I have taken out the secret writing panel so that you can see the pocket in the last panel in which it sits.






This is the last image of my Z cards showing the secret writing panel in more detail. The ribbon rosette is made from blue seam binding again Cheryl's Tutorial shows how this is done. In the centre a bead finding with a white resin rose in the middle from Zacco Beads.







Thanks for having a look at my very first blog. I need to go and sit down now!
I guess the learning that I have received today is this quote I often use when teaching presentation skills, "Fear Knocked, Courage answered and there was on no one there!" Meaning you don't know you can until you try!

2 comments:

  1. Well done, I am proud of you. Frits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good going Sazz! Looking forward to seeing more of your beatiful creations!
    Daughter by marriage
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...