Sunday 17 June 2012

Brisbane Scrapbooking and Papercraft Expo - Part 2

Hi, I hope all is well with you and yours. A cool winters morning here in New South Wales and especially in our little part of it, here in Dorrigo. Sun is out but the wind makes it cool!

As promised here is part 2 of my Brisbane Expo experience.

The images I am going to share are from the third and last class that I took on Sunday 10th June.
In summary I would say that I was a little disappointed with this class. Please don't think I am being a grouch! We were all provided with a pack which included images of the 3 cards we were to make as well as instructions and all the ingredients (which were not too generous I remember thinking!).

Basically we were told to get on with it and if we had questions to ask. When asking about the stamps we were to use we were pointed to a table at the front of the room and that was about as much teaching input that was provided. To be fair the facilitator (as I will now call her) did say it was not her style to guide us through the process "step-by-step" as people, she said, work at different rates. Which is true!

With that said and my mini catharsis over, I and a few others decided to make the most of this time together and enjoy making the 3 cards. Here are the 3 cards I produced.

Card Number ONE:

This card encouraged you to use the technique of tearing. Ideally we were told this was a great way of using up scraps of paper. As this isn't a usual technique for me it was good to give it a try.

The 12 x 12 papers we used were from Echo Park and the set was "Victoria Gardens".

The supplies were provided by Craft Queen Australia.



Card Number TWO:

This card showed me how to mix and match different types of ribbon and braid. Included is Ric Rac (which I cannot find on their website?) Pink Paper ribbon, elastic lace, rosette ribbon, gingham and seam binding.

I really like the pearl ribbon, great for the centres of hand made flowers I was thinking.
It comes in two sizes in both white and cream.




Card Number THREE:

This card I was the least happiest with, in part because we ran out of ingredient particularly the Green gingham.

I have since shortened the bunting flags so you don't see the spaces.













I show below what I can find on their site at Craft Queen Australia and alternative supplies for other ingredients for this post:



I hope you got a bit of inspiration from these cards. I took several lessons form my class.
- Try something different - get out of the comfort zone
- Use left overs in your stash to great effect
- It's lovely to meet and sit with other crafters as we all seem to giggle and have a great deal of fun!

Thanks for popping back in today. I have some other cards made up so I will start to share those as well.


1 comment:

  1. Another fab card - what a great stamp and the finish is great. Loved the way you use the spellbinders to incorporate the stamped image and the embellishments just finish them off.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...