Friday 6 July 2012

Cody's Balloon Card

Hello, how are you today? Today I had a special request to make a card for a neighbour's husband's Birthday. Yikes a commission!! Double Yikes a card for a man!!!!
The brief was this; it needed to be a red and black card, I cannot say any more at the moment, as his Birthday is on the 11th July and it will need to remain a secret until then. I will show it to you after he has received it.

My card today uses a Digi stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil that I really love, it is called Cody's Balloon.
Here's my card.

This card seemed to come together really nicely. I began by printing out the image on smooth white card stock, I coloured it with a mixture of Copics and Prisma Color Pencils, in a few places I used a clear Spica pen to add a little glimmer.
Copics:

Skin: E50, E51, E11
Balloon, R29, R27, R29, R89
Dungarees: B34, B95, B000
Shirt/jumper/shoes: Prisma Pencils
Hair: E13, E15, E17

I cut out the image using Spellbinders Label Twenty-Two S4 - 346, I used the "out of die" technique so that the red balloon wasn't "cut off" from the rest of the image. I also used a light blue piece of DCWV neutral mat stock card stock and traced around the outside of the metal die itself to create a smaller incremental matting layer.

I used this same light blue card stock with Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two S5-030 then fussy cut a piece of white card stock and adhered this on top. I fished this off by adding a silver Peel Off "Happy Birthday" sentiment and a couple of Kaiser Craft Denim blue pearls.

I used the light blue card stock to create a matted layer on top of my card base, then adding a piece of lined patterned design paper on top (from my stash) then I cut a strip of light blue gingham design paper (also from my stash), layered it on the same light blue card stock, and stuck this to the middle of the card.

All I needed to do to finish my card, was to place the tag and image in place with foam pads to give the images some dimension.








Here is a closer view of the Tag and the coloured image Cody chasing his balloon.













Ingredients I used to make my card:


Thanks for coming by and having a look at my card today. I hope you are having a terrific day.

1 comment:

  1. Well I really love this card and really looked hard at what you did to create it. Again love the use of the spellbinders die cuts. Now I must check to see if I have that one to use. Keep up the good work
    C

    ReplyDelete

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...