Sunday 8 July 2012

Fireman Luka Card

Hello, I hope your Sunday is going well. My (hush hush) commission card was picked up today and was very warmly received which all bodes well for the eventual receiver.
My card today uses another La La Land stamp that is a particular favourite of mine - Fireman Luka.

Here it is:

On a white card stock  base I added a piece of teal design paper from HOTP, on top of that I added a striped sheet from Crafter's Block 1.

I cut a strip of the teal paper and used a Martha Stewart Deco Fan punch on the edge of a piece of check patterned yellow design paper also from Crafter's Block1 which I then adhered to the strip of teal paper. This strip was then stuck to the card base (slightly to the right of the card).

I printed my Fireman Luka Digi stamp onto white Neenah Solar card stock and coloured him with a variety of Copics, Prisma Color pencils and a clear and gold spica pens. I then cut him out.


Here is a closer image of Luka,

Having cut Luka out, I layered him on rectangles of teal, gold and teal patterned paper from my stash and used a corner punch (on my Clevercut 5-in-1 paper trimmer) to round off the corners.

I glued a piece of "Bayleaf" seam binding to the card before mounting my Luka medallion using foam pads to the card base too.

Lastly I cut and layered 2 sets of stars from Red, Teal and Gold card stock, and on top placed a single pearl cut from a pearl ribbon strand.

The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from JustRite stampers - Fleur De Lis Labels Twenty - CL-02210, stamped onto a piece of patterned paper layered on silver Mirri card.




Here are more details of the ingredients I have used:


Thanks for popping in to have a look at my card for today. Hope you are having/were able, to relax and have a soothing Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...