Thursday 12 July 2012

Happy Birthday Fun "Tri-shutter" fold card

Hello, how are you?
It's been a very wintery day here today. I s'pose because we live on a mountain the weather has really drawn in. It is winter time here so it kind of goes with the territory (forgive the pun!). If you live across the other side of the globe you may have a warmer time of it. Mind you, you take the weather with you don't you? Meaning it can be really miserable outside but sunny on the inside.

My card today is a fun one. It is a "Tri-shutter" fold card. Let me show you . . .

The basic instructions to make the base card can be found on the Split Coast Stampers website, resources section.

I used a green coloured card-stock from my ever faithful DCWV Neutral Card stock Stack Pack.

Then all the panels were covered with patterned design paper. The selection included:
Crafters Choice Pastel Basics 120 Paper Pack
K& Company 12" x 12" Daisy Printed Embossed Paper item code: 643077 63479.
Once the panels were covered it was a question of adding all the embellishments.


On the front panel:
I used JustRite Stamp set, Topsy Turvy Cakes – CR-02230 and Memento Black Tuxedo ink pad and stamped my images onto X-press it blending card.
I coloured the cake with Prisma Color Pencils and blended the colours using the Gamsol Technique with Stumps and Gamsol. There is a video showing you how to do this, click> HERE.
I then cut and embossed my image using Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large S4-110


On the middle panel:
I used JustRite Stamp set, Botanical Butterflies CR-02245  and Memento Black Tuxedo ink pad and stamped my images onto X-press it blending card. I used my Prisma Color Pencils again and blended them together as before with Stumps and Gamsol.
I cut and embossed this image using Spellbinders Standard Circles LG S4-114.

Additional embellishments used were: October Afternoon SIDEWALKS Chip'n Stick Chipboard Stickers CB830, NitWit Collections – So Berry Precious Label/Tag, Hero Arts Stamps & Sizzix, Die Cut Antique Flowers & Butterflies, Martha Stewart Large Monarch Butterfly, Golden Yellow Wire Butterfly and Dragonfly from Spotlight and a Gold Peel-Off Happy Birthday sentiment.

Here is a more detailed (and visual)  list of the ingredients I used:
InLinkz.com


So there you have it, a "Tri-shutter" fold card. One of my first and I really enjoyed making it. I'm sure I'll make more of these styles of cards now I have tried this particular fold.
Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Another good one - I think I might not have used so many embellishments you seem too generous with yours!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...