Sunday 1 July 2012

Playing Air Guitar

Hi, How are you today?
Welcome to the 1st July. Where has the first 6 months of 2012 gone?????

I have been simply itching to use a particular Digi Stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil. It so reminds me of my nephew James (Clare's Brilliant Son). We are very proud of him for many reasons not least of which is the hard yacker (aussie word for "work") he is putting in at University these days.

James and his Dad Roger often do an "unplugged" session on their guitars together and there are a couple of sessions they have uploaded for us on YouTube to have a look at. I will ask them for the URL and permission to link them here. I'll come back later with their response! They are quite the brilliant pair when they get into it. So this one is for you James .....

NEW: Added detail of YouTube entries for James and Roger have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uZDbsmeUV8&feature=relmfu  (the king will come, one of Clare's favourites)



Here it is ....
How the card was constructed:

I printed the stamp onto white Neenah Solar card stock and coloured it in with Copics (I even managed to note which ones I used:
Shirt: Y11 & Y00
Skin: E50, E51 & E11
Jeans: B32, B34 & B00
Shoes: R29 & R27
Hair: E15, E17 & E19

I used a Spellbinders Classic Squares Large die to cut and emboss the image, then layered it on Blue/Teal HOTP (Hot Off The Press) Jewel Paper.

The Music paper was a sheet taken from the Kaiser-Craft Sweet Nothings 61/2" Paper Pad also layered on Blue/Teal HOTP Jewel Paper.


I used a little yellow paper from my stash, cut a strip and matted it onto the same Blue/Teal HOTP paper I had used previously. I decorated it with a couple of Teal Pearls from the Kaiser-Craft pearls range. After I took the picture (opps! - not sure why the image looks a little pink??) I added a little highlight of Copics B000 around the image to give it some depth - I knew something was missing!



The sentiment is a 3D sticker from WISHMADE by www.craftybitz.co.uk (Tel +44 (0)845 230 0969) I have tried to find more of these and I have been unsuccessful; I have even sent a quick e-mail to their sales department to see where I can purchase more of them. There is a great website that sells CraftyBitz 3D stickers at: https://www.craftbuyer.com/index.php just not the ones I have used! It can be annoying to find something only to then find it difficult to replace. It's a bit like your favourite Lipstick colour - when you go to buy another - having just found the colour you REALLY like - you find they have discontinued it! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

On the inside of my card I used the JustRite set of Stamps called Musical Notes Labels 20 CL-02215 which has a lovely sentiment that matches the card.





Here are more details about the ingredients I used:



OK. That's my card for today. Thanks for stopping by to have a read. I really appreciate you taking your precious time to look at what I have made. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...