Wednesday 4 July 2012

The Rose Collector Fairy

G'day. Where did the last 36 hours go to? Time has just run away from me!
Do you experience that too - when you have been busy, you've done your "To Do" list for the day and you come up for air only to discover that your time frame seems to have slipped from the warp speed of life as it has gone on around you?

I also have a short report about the new "Spiderman" movie to give you as promised. (We were invited to the premier showing in Coffs Harbour (about an hour from us) yesterday). I will not give the story line or indeed the plot away; it's a definite "Go see it for yourself". It was REALLY good. Seeing it in 3D meant there were moments when you felt you were the one on the end of the spider thread as he weaved his way across the city. All I will say is this .... Do NOT get up from your seat until at least half of the credits have appeared (BIG clue!)

My card for today is the last of the Fairies that I have in my Stamp collection

Let me show you the card.
How the card was constructed:

I stamped the fairy using Memento Rich Cocoa Ink onto White Neenah Solar card.
I coloured her using a mixture of Copics and Prisma Pencils.
I used Spellbinders Beaded Ovals S4-294 to cut and emboss the image and layering on Black DCWV card stock.
I used my Crafter's Block 1 Paper pad for the background Design Paper.
I used a Martha Stewart Deco Fan punch to cut a strip in a darker coloured lilac paper, on top of this I placed a strip of pink plain paper on top of which I laid the strip of paper I cut from the main DP of the background paper used (used up my scraps!).



Here's a compilation of my card.
You can see the pearls added to the strip adhered behind the oval medallion.
I added purple square crystals to add some bling to the medallion before sticking it to the card.

The butterfly and sentiment tag were from my stash.
and there you have it.















The ingredients I have used:


Thanks for stopping by and reading through my post. I hope you have had/are having a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...