Saturday 11 August 2012

A Locket of Love on your Birthday

Hi there "Blog Family and Friends". How are you? As some of you may know we are on our travels overseas with work and before I left Australia I made a few cards and kept them aside so I could add them to my blog whilst I was away. Work is going well, but I must say I do miss not being able to tuck myself away and do a little crafting. So the ability to share a card with you enables me to not miss it sooooo much!



Let me show you the card I wish to share with you today.

To make this card I used Gold coloured card stock from DCWV neutrals stack pack for my card base. The card if I recall is approximately 5" x 7".

On top of the card base I layered Teal plain and patterned Design Paper from a HOTP Paper Pack.

The interesting design for the layer with the pattern on it was cut with more Gold coloured card stock using an EK Success "Scroll Pattern Edger Large Punch (54-50052).

I am very grateful to Becca Feeken at Amazing Paper Grace for the inspiration on how to use this punch. It was her design that inspired me to make this card with this particular punch. I had it in my stash for sometime and was unsure how to get the best from it. Becca has a Tutorial on her Blog (and on YouTube) on how to create this look.




After adding another couple of layers of the teal plain and patterned papers again I used satin ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon's March 2012 subscription pack. These are such good value and you get such great ribbons that you may never think of buying but are just lovely to use.

In addition I used a thin piece of gold ribbon from my stash to attach the lovely silver locket that I purchased at Spotlight in Australia. (Spotlight really do have some great crafty items).

I finished off my card with a silver "Happy Birthday" peel off and a couple of pieces of Teal candi.

Here are some better details of the items I used:

I hope you liked this card, it is quite simple and yet very effective. I think it is the perfect place for this beautiful silver locket.
Thanks for dropping by to read my Blog. I'll be back with another card quite soon. Until then be safe and take care.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...