Monday 1 October 2012

Butterflies Card

Well Hello there! I hope you are well.
I am back in Australia after my travels overseas and getting back into the swing of things and the routines of being at home. Our travels once again reminded me that Family and Friends are so important and reconnecting with them again is so special.

We both arrived home with vicious colds which knocked us out of things for a while. At one point we were seriously considering buying shares in a pharmaceutical company as we were going through all sorts of Cold and Flu medications!! Frits and I are both on the mend and each day sees us coughing less and less!

My card today is one I created a while ago and was inspired by Becca Feeken.
Here it is:

I decided to copy the image here at a larger size than normal so you can see the detail a little better.

The base is a sheet of DVWV neutral stak mat card stock, onto which i layered some pinl cardstock from the same pack. The Green patterned paper is from a HOTP Paper Pack (sorry I can't remember which one).

I used lots of Spellbinders Dies:
Small Pinking Circles S4-172 - for the underside of the butterflies.
Beaded Ovals, S4-294 - for the Main sentiment - If nothing ever changed ....
Lacey Ovals, S4-314 - As a mat behind the main sentiment
Scalloped Circles LG, S4-124 - for the centre circle
Standard Circles LG, S4-114 - For the butterflies each side of centre
Classic Scallop - E8-001 and Classic Decorative insert six – E8-014 - for the decorative strip on the left hand side

I used a Martha Stewart Large Monarch Butterfly punch to create the butterflies. The beads for their bodies were a string of 3mm pearls.

I used Justrite Stampers Topsy Turvy Cakes - CR-02230 (for the Birthday Wishes sentiment) and Bottanical Butterflies - CR-02245 for the central butterfly which I coloured using my Prisma Color Pencils; the yellow ribbon is from my stash.

Here's the items I used and the link on them tells you where I purchased them:



I hope you like this card - it was an experiment that I think worked out quite well.
It's good to be back writing my Blog at home. Travelling is Great but being home is Special.
Stay well and Be Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...