Tuesday 13 November 2012

Side Step Christmas Card 1

Hi again! How are you?
I have a GREAT example of Customer Service to tell you first before I show you the first of my Christmas side step cards.
Like most of us, we use our computers fairly regularly and we love 'em! ONLY when everything works right?? So when something doesn't work it can get VERY frustrating. This is particularly so when you have tried all avenues and feel you have no support. ENTER Aris from Inlinkz!
I use a Fantastic Tool from Inlinkz at the bottom of my posts to show the details of the ingredients I have used to make the card shown. This is great because a) you get to see what I have used in more detail and b) I get to remember what it is I used and where I got the item. It's a great database and many Bloggers use it.
Well for the past two days I have been "Off" with inlinkz. There was a constant hand holding throughout my frustration by Aris who always quickly responded to my e-mails with positive suggestions and help. I was sent requests to provide what it was I was seeing on my page with screen shots and the like and Hey Presto! The answer comes back with code having been changed to help me log back into this tool from which I had been denied access - horror of horrors!!




Let me provide you with some details here:
The URL Address for this Great tool is: www.inlinkz.com/
There is a great video that provides a Tutorial on how to use it HERE:
I'd really strongly recommend this tool to you if you have your own Blog.
Again HUGE thanks to ARIS xxx









I do have a Christmas card to share with you today. Actually I made two that are similar, I'll post the other one at a later time. I was hugely inspired by Marisa Job. She has one of my Favourite Blogs to visit because she makes such great inspirational projects. You'll see her Blog details on my Blog List to the left of this post.

Here is my card:



The colours look a little darker than in reality. I will work on getting better lighting.

It is really easy to make. I started with a piece of A2 red card from Office works as the base piece is 17.25 (approx 44cms) inches by 6 inches (approx 15cms).
The finished card is approx 6 x 6.











The stamps I used are the O Christmas Tree set from Justrite stampers which I stamped with memento Black ink and coloured with Copics; then fussy cut out with a margin. I then distressed them a little bit with a mixture of Tim Holtz ink pads on a piece of acetate (as my palette) - Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and Pine Needles Distressed Stain ink.






The background cardstock is Kaisercraft weave - Latte which I stamped with Justrite stampers Elegant Fronds background stamp and using a Memento Rich Cocoa ink pad.









This is the main stepped piece of the card at the front opened up so you can see it more clearly.
The sentiment stamp is from Waltzingmouse Stamps which I cut out using a Spellbinders labels 14 die.

The ribbon is from my stash, and the beautiful Poinsettias are  from Petaloo Darjeeling Collection - Floral Emellishments (Medium PL 1477-002)





















Inside the card I used a piece of cardstock from my stash as the background, a HOTP Vintage Papers label as well as more of the Elegant Fronds Background stamped paper.

The hollies and berries are a Digi image (sorry cannot remember where I got that).

On the front I added a little touch of Crystal Stickles to give a little sparkle.

















Here is a more detailed list of the ingredients I used (Using the GREAT tool by Inlinkz!!!!):



There you have it. I hope you like the card. I'll show the second that I made (which is very similar) at a later time. Stay well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...