Wednesday 30 January 2013

A Birthday Card for Frits

Hello! I hope all is well with you. I'd like to Thank my friend Faith, who I know is a regular viewer of my blog and who happened to request a viewing of the Birthday Card that I made for my lovely husband Frits. So, this is the card I am showing you today.




I am hugely grateful to the inspiration from Karen Burniston the designer of this card. I just thought it was soooooooo magnificent that I would re-create it for my lovely Man.

I used Bo Bunny and Bazzill Papers to make this card. All ingredients I'll show below.

This is the card front - I have lots of pictures to show - I notice this one is a little out of focus apologies.









For those that know Frits, he is a wonder with his computer and his first call or actionable response will be his computer. He is also great at fixing all my IT issues - Mmmmmm My IT Engineer on hand 24/7!








This little charm makes reference to Frits' formative years when he went into the mines at 14 years of age. Today he proudly polishes his Fathers Mining Lamp that we display in our Lounge.

I used a Karen Foster Decorative Pin to keep the charms in place.








Inside the card now and you will see the Alarm Clock Pop Up feature of the card.
















I also used a Kaisercraft 60mm wooden letter and painted it silver attaching this inside the card too!













This provides a better perspective of the right side of the inside of the card.

The sentiment does say "Happy" Birthday!

As it was a BIG Birthday I didn't put the ACTUAL number (70 cough!) on the card. Although truthfully he looks and ACTS younger than his years!!








I added this little charm too - as the card was "Made with Love".












I also added a little Car charm to the Tag here as Cards have also been a strong feature of Fritsy's life!













Just to complete the picture - this is the back of the card.












Here are the main ingredients that I used to make this card:

InLinkz


Thanks again for stopping by to see this card. Thanks again to Faith for asking to see this little creation.

1 comment:

  1. WOW - you have excelled yourself here and I can't believe Frits is 70. I bet he loved it and it will stand pride of place, Well Done. I particularly love the pop up clock - didn't realise you could do this automatically with the Sizzix - now I know why you love it so much!
    love ya C x

    ReplyDelete

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...