Tuesday 16 April 2013

It'll be a hoot - 2 Pop-Up Cards

Hello my dear Blogging Friends. I am so appreciative of you popping in to see what I have been up to. Thank You. I do so hope your week has started well.
Today I have another couple of Pop-Up cards to show you as well as a video clip of them, so grab a quick cuppa and take a load off for a little squizz. Both cards are similar and there will be a few little differences between them.

Card # 1


I was so hugely inspired by a Blog from a lady called Carla in Holland. I decided I would try this style of card adding my own interpretations; so this is what I am sharing with you today.

It is a Pop-Up card ... oh yeah I am so loving making these cards at the moment.

Here you have what looks like a tree with an Owl poking through from its little hole saying hello.



I used Kaisercraft Sweet Treats paper for the leaves (which I added using 3D foam pads to give it a little dimension), some Core'dinations brown card stock for the tree trunk and the Sizzix Flagpole and lantern decorative strip die to make the embellishment at the bottom.

The sentiment is from a Freebie set of stamps from The Australian Papercraft Essential Magazine issue #28. I've shown the stamps and the Magazine (obviously not to scale but you get the idea!). The Brown card stock I used was also part of the freebie from the Magazine too.


When you open up the card you see our little Owly friend sitting on some branches. I used two Stampin Up Punches (see the ingredients list shown below) and the papers are from a 6 x 6 Authentique Paper Pad. The stamps sentiments are from Lawn Fawn and my freebie set. Insdie the label I used the Love set label from Sizzix and inked the edges using Vintage Photo ink.









You can see our Owly friend a little better in this photo. I made him using Kaisercraft 6 x 6 Technologic Paper Pad scraps. [Hint here for next set of Pop-UPs that I will be showing you ;)]














Card # 2


So you can see the similarities as well as the differences. On both cards I used the Textured Impressions Woodgrain Embossing Folder from Stampin Up. Here I have used DCVW Card stock and I really like the effect that the embossing folder has on this card.

I used the Lawn Fawn stamps on the outside of this card stamping with a Memento Rich Cocoa Ink pad onto some Kraft scarp card stock.




















I used the Authentique Paper pad again as well as the Sizzix Bracket on the edge die to create the effect on the sides of the card. I like the butterflies as much as the bees - both fly so the sentiment still works with Our little Owl.






A close up of this Owl shows that I used scraps of the "Leaf" paper from Kaisercraft Sweet Treats and the reverse side of the Bees paper scraps for the label layered behind the owl.

... and there you have them, two It'll be a hoot - Pop-Up cards.













Here is the video clip I mentioned earlier if you'd like to view it .....



The main ingredients that I used to make these cards are shown below:




Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed the read

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...