Friday 12 April 2013

One, two, three, side-step card(s) two three .....

Hello and G'day to you. Hope your week has gone well and you are looking forward to a great weekend.
I have a couple of cards to show you today ...  no not Pop-Ups this time (although I have a couple more in the pipeline .. how could I not???) Today I have a couple of Side Step Cards to show you. One was a commission for an engagement and the other is  for a 21st. Both are similar but different.

Card # 1 - 21st Birthday


 I have had the pictures for this card (to show you) for a little while. It just so happens I made another card like it (shown below) and thought I'd pu them together in this blog. The card stands about 6 inches tall and 8 inches wide.



I used Flourishes stamps (see listed in the ingredients below). The dies are from Just Rite Stampers (Spellbinders Brand though). The card base is Hovercraft Liquorice weave card stock.

The doily (from a coffee shop) I had to make sure Frits didn't spill any of his coffee on to it!!! Bless him he just nodded sagely and passed the doily to me.

The Flowers are made from Heart Felt Creations Tattered Blossoms set and Die cut with their matching dies.

Images coloured with Copics. The 21st was a series of stickers I found at my Local Spotlight store (a smaller version of Michaels found in the states).









The dress forms are from Kaisercraft and I decorated then with some feathers that I have had for ages. I think I bought them from Lakeland in the UK when it still sold crafting bits.

Here you can see I used a Spellbinders die - Floral ovals the smallest die.

Lots of glitter and Glue ...
















Another picture just so that you can see how it stands.
BTW there is a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers to show you how to make the card base. CLICK HERE.
I adjusted the measurements a little for my card to make it larger.










The back of the card has a large writing panel on the back which I layered with cardstock and white card as well as a cute brad at the top for decoration.



Card # 2 - Engagement















So you can see the similarities right? I added a page of card stock for layering from Kaisercraft's Lilac Avenue collection 6 x 6 paper pad and used a variety of Spellbinders dies for the sentiments.





I wanted to add a charm so I used this little silver clock from My2Angels.

Lots of glitter here too ...











I adore this little hat on the stand. I stamped the images out using memento rich cocoa a couple of time and decoupaged the flowers onto the hat (coloured with Copics).












I used another of the Tattered Blossoms stamps in the set to make this little flower arrangement adding a small star brad in the centre ... more glitter ...




















More flowers and you can see a Spellbinders Foliage die here as well. The sentiment was typed on my computer.















 ... and here's the back of the card. I was provided the sentiment and I just typed it out on my computer and layered t with Spellbinders dies and coloured the tips with a BV02 Copic Marker.












The main ingredients I used to make these cards:



Thanks for stopping by today, I appreciate that you did

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...