Friday 5 April 2013

Poppin' Up for the Boys

G'day to you and yours and hoe you have had a great week. Today is Friday and I wanted to post something before I left for a weekend away that we are taking to Sydney - we are going to the Theatre.

As you might know (if you have followed my last few posts) I am in to the Pop Up Cards. I made a couple that may do for the Boys. Some say making cards for our Male Relatives is a little harder. They certainly make you think more as you put them together. My Pop-Up cards for today are no exception. They are similar but different; I've also included another video clip with today's posting.


Card # 1



Here's the front. I used Bazzill Kraft card stock as my base with a sheet of dark brown DCWV card stock - all 12 x 12 sheets.

I embossed the cover panel with a Sizzix Texture Fades Embossing Folders - Pocket Watches & Steampunk set.

At the sides I used a Vintage Lave decorative strip die and anFancy Frame die in the centre.

The sentiment is from a Hero Arts stamp set.









The inside Pop-Up.
I used some creative memories Brown Ric Rac die cuts on the top and in the middle.

Birds on a wire, Vintage lace, Rosettes and Flagpole and Lantern decorative strip dies.

The clock I cut from a sheet of Teresa Collins Card stock. Used Tim Holtz idea-ology metal spinners and small brads, also inked it with Vintage Photo ink.

The writing panel in Kraft card stock is a Fancy Tags Spellbinders die.











Close Up image of the Birds on a wire attached to a Flagpole either side.

















Clock at the centre of mu Pop-Up and a Heart I had left over from the Heart and Wings Movers and Shapers dies.

















A close up image of the bottom of the inside of the card showing the tag in more detail.










Card # 2





This card opens at the side and I think either Shelly Hickox or Kelly Booth showed me how to do this closure using a Bracket on the edge die with a Baroque Photo Die.

Similar uses of card stock as before, with Vintage Lace and Fancy Frame dies.

This time I added Gold Liquid Pearls at the side.




























Here's the inside of the card. Similar but different to the first card using pretty much the same ingredients, just in a different way.





I just love these Birds, they remind me of all the birds we have drop by the house at feeding time.

















I fussy cut the two ribbons for the top and bottom of the clock from Dark Brown DCWV cards stock.






Along the lacey edge I also cut some little flowers using a Sakura Carl 1 Punch.












Here's the video clip I mentioned:




The main ingredients used to make my cards:




Thanks for stopping by today



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...