Wednesday 10 July 2013

A Wedding card with a story

Hello to all my Blog friends and family, I hope you are well. Isn't it amazing how some thoughts and sayings trigger off so many memories. I was going to write ... "I cannot believe how time has flown" ... and I thought gosh that reminds me of what my Grandmother used to say. Then as I considered this all these memories invaded my brain of when we were children, my sisters and I, and how we used to love visiting her at her home in Streatham in London. Then I couldn't resist and I googled her address and even more memories triggered through.
Today's card is one that was commissioned by a Grandmother, Helen. It is a card with a story; and I am sure the story will be a great memory for the recipients. The brief I was given was that Helen's Grandson does not want any gifts for their Wedding, so she wanted a nice card that she could send them.  She wanted the card to show how her Grandson proposed to his (now) fiance on the slopes of Japan whilst skiing. When she asked me I have to say my brain went  ... uh oh how will that work out. Well the card I am showing you today is what I came up with. Hope you like it.





This is the card.
I used a variety of stamps to create a background. I found myself thinking back to times when I had skied and imaging the surrounding views.

I used my fabulous Hero Art stamps to create part of the background and the two characters are from La La Land Digi stamps. I had to adapt these to skiers as opposed to snow boarders. Google images helped me out with the ski's.

I embossed some ski tracks with white embossing powder using an old stamp I had in my stash.

The border was made using an EK Success punch and distressed with Pine needles distressed stain.









I used a Kaiser unmounted acrylic stamp "treasure THESE memories" and broken china distressed ink.
















I coloured this little chap with my Copics, and found a little diamond engagement ring in a heart shaped red box and some blue ski's to add to him. I hand cut the ski poles and glued those by his arm as well.


















... and here is the lucky girl. Also coloured using my Copics, again ski's and poles courtesy of Google images.
















Inside the card I kept it quite simple, adding a piece of Design Paper from Prima Sunrise and Sunset A4 Design Paper Pad.

I distressed the edges with Vintage Photo distressed ink pad and added some green ribbon and cream cotton lace (closer detail below). Then added a rub-on and peel offs.














Close up of the ribbon and lovely broderais anglais cotton lace.













The main ingredients I used to make this card:




Thanks for stopping by to read my blog today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...