Tuesday 30 September 2014

Santa's Sleigh Christmas Card

Hello my blogging family and friends I hope I find you well. It is the 30th September today - where has this month gone? No scratch that, where has this year gone? Someone said to me that it was 8 weeks until Christmas - no wonder lots of us are making Christmas cards - I just thought I was being organised. It turns out I need to be making cards if I am to get them done in time to post!!

So here's another one. This time it shows how I have been playing with my Cottage Cuts dies.





































I used white card stock for the base of my card and used a piece of Bo Bunny's Gold and Silver 6 x 6 paper pad. Then using Kaisercraft Scarlet weave card stock I cut out the square mat using a JustRite lace tiers die.


For the next layer I used white card stock and a Spellbinders splendid Circles die which once cut out I inked the edges with a Vintage Photo ink pad.
For Santa's Sleigh I used Scarlet cardstock again and a Cottage Cutz die. I then also die cut the image out with some gold card stock and then cut bits and pieces from the gold and stuck it onto the red layer.


At the bottom of the card I added a strip of Polka Dot ribbon which I bought from Spotlight. Then I added a couple of bows made with Sue Wilson's lattice die then placed a pearl on top of the bows and at the corners of the card.


I kept the inside of the card very plain and just added a simple sentiment using a Waltingmouse stamp and cut it out using a Justrite die then inked the edges with a Vintage Photo ink pad.
...and there we have it.

The main ingredients I used to make this card:



Thanks for dropping by today to read my post - I hope you liked this card. I have a few more to show you using my new (to me) Cottage Cutz dies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...