Monday 3 November 2014

A 15th Birthday Card for Marley

Thanks for dropping by, I hope you have had a great day or are just beginning a great day!
I made a birthday card for our granddaughter before I left for my overseas trip, her birthday is on the 14th of October so my dearest husband Frits took it with him to pass along to her in my absence.

I can now show it to you as she has opened it already, here it is:


The colour of the card looks a little flat in the photo, in "real life" it looks a little brighter.

The checked card stock is from a Premium Edition Boho 12 x 12 paper pad and the card base is a sheet of Kaisercraft Burnt Orange weave card stock.

The Ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon and the embellishments are from K & Co Tim Coffey Birthday Stickers.








This is a Pop-Up card and I used the ECD/Karen Burniston Lorna Label die, Poppy the Owl, Props 1 die set, a Cottage Cuts Happy Birthday die and a tag die from the Spellbinders Filigree Delight die set.

I hand wrote Marley's name on the step of the Pop-Up card with the little heart that comes with Poppy.











Here's a close up of Poppy the Owl. A current favourite with Marley.















I really like this little die from Cottage Cuts, it was a perfect size for the label behind it.













I printed the sentiment on a piece of white card stock using my computer and then cut it out with the A2 Filigree Delight tag die from Spellbinders, I inked the edges with Vintage Photo distressed ink.









At the top and bottom of the card I added a little design using the ECD Agatha Edges die. I also cut the corners using a Crop-a-dile corner cutter.









Here are the main ingredients I used to make this card:





I hope you kike today's card I know that Marley liked it. Stay well my blogging friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...