Sunday 2 November 2014

A Bevelled Striplet and Poinsettia die Christmas Card

Hello how are you? I hope your weekend is going well. I have managed to spend some time in my crafting space and feel the better for it. I always enjoy the creative process and in particular making cards - particularly if I see a tutorial I like and fancy having a go myself. I am having a Sue Wilson admiration phase at the moment. It was my sister Clare who introduced her to me and I am pleased she did.

My card today is based on one of Sue's tutorials and I decided to make this card in Christmas colours.
Here it is:




I used Sue Wilson's Bevelled Glass Striplet die cutting it twice, side by side using a sheet of Kaisercraft Scarlet weave card stock to create the background.  After it was cut out I glued a piece of white card to the back of it.  

Next I used the Sue Wilson's Innsbruck largest single oval die shape to cut out an oval in the centre of the background I had just created. 

I added foam pads to this piece and layered it onto a piece of white card stock that I had pierced with a pokey tool and a ruler designed for this technique.

I then used the central pieces of the Innsbruck Die to create the medallion out of white and more of the Kaisercraft Scarlet card stock, Once glued together I dropped the medallion into the aperture of the card gluing it in place to ensure it would be secure.






With the main background completed I added a red mat layer onto the base card itself, onto which I placed the background piece then added these beautiful red pearls into each of the four corners of the card.










I hand cut a red strip of card stock and then stamped the image using a Ranger Perfect Medium ink pad white powder and then heat embossed it. I then added glue to the edges and finally added some Cosmic Shimmer Iced Snow to the edges.

















On the edge of the card I added two Petite Vinery leaves (Yes - more Sue Wilson dies) and then cut the smallest Poinsettia dies out of the same red and white coloured card stock. To finish off the flower I added a white pearl to it's centre.



















Here are the main ingredients I used to make this card:



Thanks for stopping by to read today's post, I hope you like my card

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...