Tuesday 25 November 2014

A Red and White Christmas Card with a faux pearl frame

Hello how are you today? It has been a cooler day for us today and a little rain fall to boot. We are away this time next week at the start of our overseas trip to New York and then Europe. Firstly we have a couple of days in Sydney with two shows to see at the theater before we leave on Thursday for the states.

Today's card is another Christmas card in red and white - my current favourite Christmas colours.
Here it is:































The card was made of white card stock on top of which I cut a mat of scarlet Kaisercraft weave card stock. Then cut some white card stock and cut out the centre piece using the smallest die of the Sue Wilson Vienna die, then  I put the white card stock layer through the rows of bows embossing folder.

























Then I made a frame for the centre of the card using the Vienna die again. I added it to the card on foam pads to raise it for dimension. Then I stamped my sentiment on white card stock with a memento black tuxedo ink pad and cut it out with the centre die from the Sue Wilson Salzburg die. Then I added crystal stickles to the outer rim and stuck it

I then added faux pearls on top of the red mat layer on the main piece of the card using a Deco paint pearl pen.














I then made a couple of poinsettias using the Sue Wilson, Classic and Mosaic poinsettia dies and more red and white card stock.

I also cut a couple of leaves using the Petite Vinery die and putting some more crystal stickles glitter on them.


















These are the main ingredients I used ot make this card:




Thanks very much for stopping by today, I hope you like this Christmas card and you are having a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pearl, Thanks very much for the comment. I did enjoy making this one. Did you get any of Sue's dies? Maybe Christmas presents eh?
    Sally-Ann x

    ReplyDelete

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...