Friday 28 November 2014

A White and Gold Christmas Card

Hi there, how you doin'? Any Joey fans from friends may even say that like he does! I hope your Friday is going/has gone well. I have been really busy finishing a work project so I cannot believe how quickly the week has gone! Foe those of my blogging friends from the states may I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Today's card was a last minute make as my neighbour wanted some cards to send overseas.
Here it is:

































I began with a piece of gold metallic card stock from American Crafts. Then layered a piece of white card stock which I paper pierced on top of that. The top piece of white card stock I firstly cut with one of Sue Wilson's French Collection Auvergne dies - the largest frame, then put it through a Sue Wilson A4 Art Deco embossing folder. I then coloured the edge with a gold metallic pen.




I used two dies from the same die to create a frame, I put that to the side for the time being. Then I used the Creative Expressions Arched Swirls stamp and a Ranger Perfect Medium ink pad to create the central image which I coloured using Gold Perfect Pearls, and I then sprayed fixative on it so the image wouldn't smudge.





I then used the Austrian collection tag die, cutting this twice layering them together and adding a Happy Christmas peel off on top. Next I put all the bits together. Adding the frame first, then the stamped image (again cut out with the Auvergne die) and then the tag in the centre.















Then I made the poinsettia flower using the medium and small die combined, making it from white and gold card stock.

Having created it I glued it in place with some gold Tulle.























Then using the three petal tiny dies I created the small flower and added that to the left hand bottom edge of the card then added rhinestone to the centre of the flowers.










Here are the main ingredients that I used to make this card:




Thanks for stopping by today to read my blog, I hope you have a great Thanksgiving day if you celebrate it, other than that have a Fantastic weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...