Sunday 17 May 2015

An Accordion Birthday Card for Emelia

Hello my Blogging Family and Friends. I have been away working overseas and that has pretty much demanded most of my attention. I came home at the end of March for a few days and then was off to Malaysia for a long week. Back now for a little while. Our next work trip will most probably be to Belgrade in Serbia, leaving here the 27the May.

So, I hope you have been keeping well and have had lots of adventures. I have just a few card tucked away ready to show you and so I may as well start with those - today was the first time in my craft room for months - quite literally and I have so missed being in my crafty space! I needed to make a Birthday card for my Dad's birthday in a few days and it needs posting tomorrow to get there. I'll show that card at a later time.

For now I have a card I made for Emelia my Sister-in-laws' Granddaughter who lives in Germany, she was celebrating her 9th Birthday - here is the card I made and sent to her:






















I constructed it using the ECD square accordion and doubled the size of the aperture and frame using a technique Karen Burniston describes in one of her many videos where, you in effect, just fold your cardstock in half and cut so that the fold remains inside or outside (depending on your viewpoint) of the cutting parts of the die.

I made it using some great free papers that I received with one of my card making magazines - it's a super pack of 8 x 8 inch sheets from Nitwit Collections, it also comes with a cute stamp which I also used on this card:



Here are some close up images of the panels - I have to say that most used some stickers I had in my stash!







Her's the front panel of the card. I used some great plastic candy pieces in the corners.





















Here is the second panel, I used a La-La-Land Marci Digi stamp as well as the Happy Birthday stamp that came with the papers.
I used a variety of Copics to colour here.






















There were a variety of stickers I used for this card - the colours just seemed to fit so well with the papers I used.






















I also added a K & Co flower sticker on this panel.



















Heer you can see how the accordion card works from this "aerial" view!








Here are the rest of the main ingredients that I used:

<

Thanks for taking a look at my blog today  I really hope it won't be as long between this and my last post until my next posting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...