Friday 24 July 2015

A Birthday card with "Foldover" Flowers

Hello my blogging friends and family. I hope I find you in good spirits looking forward to a great weekend. The weather here is very wintery so it invites spending time on hobbies and the like - for me, after doing all the usual weekend jobs around the house it's into the crafty space!!

Speaking of which, the card I have here is one I made last weekend:






































This card became a personal favourite as I was making it. It began by using a piece of cardstock from a Megs Garden paper pack which was a lovely pale green and ochre colour. I used Frayed Burlap to ink the edges.




























The central panel I made using a piece from a Kaisercraft Pink Gelato paper pad. I cut it out using the the largest cutting die from the Spellbinders Triple Floral set. I cut the outer edge to sit on the top of this square using foam. I placed the edge of the die as close to the edge of the paper as possible, so I can use the centre for the mat and then fussy cut the outside to include the dotted edge, so this could sit proud.

Inside the square I used the Sue Wilson  Petite Arched Adornment die to make the two pieces I adhered to the top and bottom of the diamond shape of the square in white cardstock. Inside was just the right amount of space for the Sue Wilson Happy Birthday sentiment, also cut out in white cardstock.


































I cut two pieces in white cardstock using the Heartfelt Creations "Raindrops on Roses" die. I cut each of them exactly in half and these fitted on the edges of the square die cut perfectly.













Using more of the same cardstock I used on the card I created several "Foldover" flowers.

Sue Wilson shows how these can be made on one of her YouTube Videos:
CLICK HERE to see access this video.

I added a couple of dandelion clocks and some quilted leaves. I have referenced these dies in the ingredients list below.
















Whilst I had the camera up I also made a video of this card. If you'd like to see this check this out:




The main ingredients that I used to make this card were:




Thanks for stopping by and reading today's blog, have a great weekend

1 comment:

  1. what a beauty. just shows how you can mix different pieces of dies to fit in together. it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...