Wednesday 29 July 2015

A peach coloured Birthday Card

Hello my blogging friends and family, how are you? I hope your Wednesday is going/has gone well. Wednesday, it seems to me, is a strange day of the week. Getting to it can be slow going and once it's here the week seems to zoom!

It was freezing overnight, literally zero degrees; and we are hoping it hasn't killed all our new plants that we added to our garden over the weekend.

Today's card is another product of the weekend. Here it is:





































I was playing with some new Spellbinders dies layering up different dies in the set and this card was the result.
I used two colour palettes, milk and peach from two different American Crafts paper packs.





Made with the smallest Spellbinders Triple Floral die and using white cardstock I created the central panel. I used a Just Rite sentiment stamp with a memento ink pad which I also used to colour inside the die before I separated the die from the cardstock.

Using the next die in the set which is a square dotted edge die, I cut the first peach layer then added the inner die and just embossed it into the card without cutting it through.

I did this a coupe of times when making the card - it just gives a nice impression.












I cut the largest frame twice to add a little dimension to the top layer. I used an Adirondack Lights - Peach Bellini ink pad to distress the edges of the milk coloured cardstock for the middle matted layer.

























I added a Sue Wilson leaf die with a Petaloo flower in the bottom right hand corner of the card.

























I used the Cottage Cutz die on the inside of the card.















Here are the main ingredients that I used to make this card:



Thanks for stopping by and reading today's post. I trust the rest of you week is amazing...

2 comments:

  1. another beautiful card. love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pearl. I certainly enjoyed putting it together.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...