Friday 17 July 2015

Happy Birthday (green rectangle stained glass window technique) card

Hello, how are you? Today has been REALLY REALLY cold even for Dorrigo! Last night we had temperatures of minus 2 degrees. Today the wind just strips any heat away, out of the wind the sun is quite lovely. I hope wherever you are the day has been beautiful.


Here is another of the stained glass window technique cards that I mentioned I'd be showing you in previous blogs, so here goes:

































I used a sheet of green American Crafts cardstock in conjunction with the white cardstock. The embossing folder is from Sue Wilson as well as the Sue Wilson (creative Expressions - Noble Collections) Ornate pierced rectangles die.





























By adhering a piece of clear acetate behind the first die cut then adding (Purple, bright pink and yellow) Art Institute glue and glitter ensures that when they all dry these beautiful colours twinkle through on the right side. I added small pink rhinestones at the corners and a 8mm pink pearl in the centre. I added a bright pink ribbon (from Really Reasonable Ribbon) in the top right hand corner
















I used three roses from Wild Orchid Crafts that I have had for ages and combined them with some baker's twine and light green tulle.





















The main ingredients I used to make this card were:




Thanks for stopping by to read today's post. I have three more cards using this technique to show you so they'll be coming this way soon

3 comments:

  1. another beautiful card. just love that embossing folder. the colours are pretty. do you buy your WOC flowers in australia or overseas Sally-ann. love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pearl. Thank you for leaving the positive feedback about this card - they do look even better "in real life". I have had the roses a while, I think I bought them direct from WOC in the states, I got a batch when the Aussie dollar was getting a good USA dollar exchange rate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well they are beautiful. i get my flowers which are similar from Megs Garden in Australia. she has good prices. will be watching the dollar. haha. cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...