Thursday 20 August 2015

A Pink and White woven Birthday Card

Hello my blogging family and friends I hope your Thursday is going or has gone well. My this week has just flown ... in fact this month seems to be going at the fastest rate of knots.

Today's card is another vision in pink, here it is ...




































I made the base of the card first using white American Crafts cardstock. Then used a Sue Wilson Noble collection ornate pierced squares die to make the frame in pink and white.



























To make the weaved layer I used the scraps that were made when I used the Sue Wilson striped weaving die for another card. Like any crafter you hate to throw stuff away and I said I could use those pieces ... and this time I did!
Once all those pieces were woven together I used foam tape between that layer and the frame, then trimmed the woven layer to fit so there was no overlapping.







In the centre I added the Sue Wilson Best Wishes sentiment, placed it on an oval cut in white and inked the edges using a pink ink pad, sticking a little rhinestone over the i of wishes.























In the right hand corner of the card, I added a couple of Spellbinders leaves, some pink open net Tulle and a mixture of Petaloo flowers and one flower I made using a quilling technique.























I generated a sentiment for inside the card and printed it off on my computer then cut it out with a Sue Wilson die.









The main ingredients that I used to make this card were:



Thanks for stopping by today and reading my blog, I hope you like today's card

1 comment:

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...