Tuesday 4 August 2015

Happy Birthday in Green

Hi, I hope you have had a great day. Today saw the break in the hot weather we have been having recently so temperatures have dropped significantly with the heating going on this evening to keep the chills away!

Today's card is a product of my weekend crafty times - here it is:






































I cut a  11.5 x 5.75 inch piece of white American cardstock and folded it in half to create 5.75inch square card base. Then cut a green 5.5inch square as my next layer.







Using the largest of the Spellbinders Triple Floral die and some white cardstock I created the next layer adding foam tape between the two layers to add dimension. I also added a pearl to each corner as the little space there needs a little something.








The first layer in the central piece was the layer in Green created by using the largest Spellbinders Floral Assortment die.

I also cut two pieces from the Sue Wilson Lattice Arched Adornment die and when I placed them together on top of the floral assortment die they got a little lost - I needed something in white ... as it happened on my desk was the centre cut out left over when I was experimenting with the Spellbinders Blooming collection die ... and it worked. So I placed the white left over piece on top of the Green floral assortment layer, then the white card and then the two green Lattice Arched Adornment die cuts which I joined together.




For the centerpiece I used the round embossed die piece using the Spellbinders Blooming Collection adding this with foam squares to the top of the layers I had added previously.

Rather than use the circle cut out from this die, I used a 2 inch round punch to cut the size of the circle down so you could see some of the die cuts beneath.

I stamped the sentiment with the Just Rite Spring words stamped with a Black Tuxedo Memento ink pad. Then added a couple of Rhinestones I had in my stash.






Here are the main ingredients that I used to make this card:




Thanks for stopping by today and reading my blog, I hope you liked today's card

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...