Monday 7 March 2016

A Birthday Card in Mustard

Hello blogging friends and Family. I hope you had a lovely weekend. I was very lucky to spend my Birthday weekend down in Sydney with Tiffany, Jim and our two Grandchildren Marley and Harry.
Frits my husband is working overseas at the moment so it was lovely not to have to spend the Saturday on my own.

As it happens I have been making a few Birthday cards and today's card is one too.

Here it is:

































You can now see why I called my post a Birthday card in mustard. Although in real life it is more of a pumpkin colour. The base is made from an American Crafts cream/vanilla piece of card stock and then I used Kaisercraft Spiced Pumpkin weave card stock. The dies are both from Sue Wilson's New Zealand collection.




I used the Sue Wilson rectangle stitched dies to make the borders.

I cut out the  top most layer of spiced pumpkin with the Auckland die and then cut out a cream piece using the
Hamilton die - which is really gorgeous.

I used the outer die to cut a pumpkin background which I had stuck double sided tape to and then sprinkled it with Cosmic Shimmer Diamond Snow.

The sentiment is an old on from my stash which I cut using one of the smaller dies in the set.

I added some little pearl hearts in each of the corners to finish the card off.



































The flowers were made using Heartfelt creations Delightful Daisy dies which I sprinkled with glue and glitter  (Details below). The leaves were heat embossed using white embossing powder and then coloured using Crushed Olive and Peeled Paint distress inks.
I filled the flowers with Prills and the stamens from the Arianna Bloom die set.

.... and there you have it.

The main ingredients that I used to make this card were:



Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you liked my card.

2 comments:

  1. wow that's a beautiful card . I love the color and the sue wilson dies are always stunning. beautiful Sally-Ann.cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pearl, Hope your day is going well.

      Delete

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...