Monday 11 July 2016

A Heart of Hearts card

Hello, I hope you are well. As promised I am gradually showing some of the cards I have made in recent times. Today I have a card that I really enjoyed making. It is one of Sue Wilson's cards as you will no doubt recognise it when you see it!!!

Sue Wilson did a YouTube video tutorial to show how she made her card:



Here is my version of this card!





































I used American Crafts white card stock as well as some Navy Blue Kaisercraft card stock. I cut the first Navy Blue layer to size once I had made the inner shaker card.



I used a beautiful Sue Wilson "Swirling Hearts" A4 embossing folder as the next layer for this card.

The frame I constructed using the Sue Wilson Delicate Filigree Buckle Bar which I cut out in white and lined it with the same Navy Card stock. I stuck all four pieces together in a square.

Using foam tape I added a piece of clear acetate to the back of the frame and put more sticky tape around the underside edge to raise the frame from the base of the card.









Before sticking the frame to the card base I cut out the two hearts using the Sue Wilson Heart of Hearts Die in white and then lined it in the same Navy Blue cardstock..

The cut out pieces became the contents of the shaker card.

I glued them together ensuring they fitted inside the frame. Then I stuck them to the base of the card.







I also glittered some other white card stock (from my stash) and cut out the Heart of Hearts die again - this generated some more sparkly contents.

... and there you have it!

The main ingredients that I used to make this card are:

<

Thank you for taking a look at today's posting. I hope you liked the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...