Friday 22 July 2016

Lime Green and White Happy Birthday Card

Hello my blogging family and friends, I hope I find you well.

Today's card is a simple one and looks brilliant - it uses a couple of Sue Wilson's dies.

Here it is:







































I began with making the card base with American Crafts white cardstock, then I added a mat of lime green. I used the Double Pierced Square dies by Sue Wilson to make the next layer. I then cut a smaller square which I embossed using the Sue Wilson Dotty Daisy A4 embossing folder. I then inked the edges with a Lime Patel chalk ink pad.






I cut two of the Sue Wilson Ornate Frame in white and backed it with the lime green card stock.

I cut one of these pieces into four quarters and added them behind the other complete die cut piece.

I used foam tape behind the combined centre pieces to give it some dimension.

I went berserk with small pearls and place slightly larger pearls strategically on this central panel.








For the very centre of the card. I used the Sue Wilson Charming Lace die which I used to cut two pieces. I layered them top and bottom of the circle cutting off the excess edges.

I used these spare/excess edges to "fill" what spaces were left in the circle most notably to the right and left of the circle.

I used a little oval die (sorry can't remember which die this was) inked the edges with the Lime Pastel Chalk Ink and then used a scrap of darker green card stock to die cut the Elizabeth Crafts Designs Happy Birthday sentiment.








..... and there you have it!

The main ingredients that I used to make this card:



Thanks for stopping by today to take a look at my posting, I hope you like the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, if you have a minute I would love to hear from you and read your comments. Just fill out the box designed to help you do this. I really look forward to reading every comment; so please leave a few words when you drop by - Thanks, I really love and appreciate it.
Sally-Ann (Sazz)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...